Wick Community Campus
The facility which was delivered by hub North Scotland in partnership with Morrison Construction, has replaced the existing Wick High School, South Primary and Pulteney town Academy Primary Schools.
The six lane 25m swimming pool is used for lessons and offers superb facilities for Highland swim team events, training weekends etc and there is a toddler pool for leisure and lessons also.
Barr+Wray were responsible for the design, supply install and commissioning of the main pool and toddler pool, both contructed using Myrtha Technology. Both pools benefit from their own filtration and chemical treatment systems. The main pool benefits from a 8.5m x 13m moveable floor allowing variable depths from 0m – 2.3m deep. Both pools were also fitted with automatic pool covers, for optimum heat retention.
The movable floor allows the opportunity to adjust the dimensions of the swimming pool which increases the number of activities available, bringing in more users and maximising the appeal to the customers, and therefore maximising the earning potential of the facility.
Public votes: 0
Registered votes: 22
VIP votes: 0
- Business Awards
- Commercial Pool Awards
- Commercial Pool Project of the Year
- Commercial Refurbishment Project of the Year
- Residential Indoor Pool of the Year
- Residential Outdoor Pool of the Year
- Residential Refurbishment Project of the Year
- Energy Efficiency Project of the Year
- Health & Wellness Project of the Year
- Overseas Project of the Year
- Hot Tub Project
- Swim Spa Project of the Year
- Luxury Pool of the Year
- Prestige Awards
Need an account?
Click the link below to sign up for a free account and get voting today!